Last updated: March 28, 2021
- The Sanctuary (also referred to as “the Business”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Franklin Farm Sanctuary, 509 Otuiti Road, RD 1 Pukekawa, Tuakau 2696.
- You (also referred to as either “Your” in this Agreement) means the individual accessing or using the Website, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Website, as applicable.
- Website refers to https://www.franklinfarmsanctuary.co.nz as well as emails, messaging, social media activity and other activities that together form Our online experience.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Website or from the Website infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Website, to provide the Website on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Website or to assist the Company in analysing how the Website is used.
What Data We Collect
While using Our Website, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
Usage Data is collected automatically when using our website and associated services. Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Website or when You access the Website by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of Our Website and Our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Functionality Cookies
These cookies allow Us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as rememberingYour login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter Your preferences every time You use the Website.
- Tracking Cookies
These cookies help Us to identify individual users when using third-party analytics platforms. These platforms help Us to understand usage and behaviours on the Website such that We may continuously improve the Website to better suit the needs of Our users.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We may use Your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication. This contact will always be in accordance with the reason for which You provided us with your data.
- To provide You with news and general information about Our offerings, unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To provide and maintain our Website, including to monitor the usage and performance of Our Website.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends and to evaluate and improve Our offerings and Your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: Your Personal Data is necessarily shared with Our Service Providers to allow us to store, process and use Your Personal Data for the purposes described above. We strive to only use Service Providers that share our values regarding the protection of your Personal Data and that maintain high standards of data security.
- Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose provided We have Your explicit consent to do so.
Retention of Your Personal Data
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend Our rights or property
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with The Sanctuary
- Protect against legal liability